I am grateful to our first responders, health care and social service providers, essential business workers, and all who are keeping us safe, fed and cared for. In this challenging time, it’s important that we stay connected and supportive of one another.
Together with local, state and national leaders I am seeking to find ways to keep us safe and healthy while supporting our economy. This is a difficult balance, but my business, human services and county government experience help guide me through the difficult choices.
Times like these need a steady hand. Most of us have never experienced a pandemic although we have faced a tough financial time in the 2008 financial crisis. As a county commissioner then I helped ensure that county finances were prudently managed while maintaining essential services.
Kitsap County is one of the most beautiful places in the world. We must maintain our quality of life and provide future generations with environmental, economic, and community prosperity.
I have served Kitsap County for more than 40 years – as a community activist, small business owner, contributing professional, and now an elected leader. My hands-on experience gives me an understanding of the qualities and skills needed to successfully lead a local government.
That is why I am running for re-election as your county commissioner.
I will continue to promote the following priorities:
- Foster the success of locally owned businesses; the engine of a strong economy.
- Protect natural resources and ecosystems.
- Ensure that adequate housing is available to all our residents.
- Increase your opportunities to be heard by your Kitsap County elected officials.
- Work with you to introduce innovative ways to carry out the County mission “to protect and promote the safety, health and welfare of our citizens in an efficient, accessible and effective manner.”
I’m proud of what we’ve accomplished on your behalf, and with your support we will do more. Some examples are:
- I have led efforts to spur local job creation through workforce training programs tailored to community employers’ needs.
- As part of our efforts to protect and enhance our natural environment, Kitsap County installed a state-of-the-art facility in Manchester that filters storm water to 91% purity before it reaches Puget Sound.
- On my watch the Board of Commissioners streamlined county services, resulting in cost-efficiencies that help your government weather economic fluctuations.
- I am leading a project to reduce homelessness, in partnership with community and social service providers, and
- We introduced a program to address issues of mental health and substance use.
I have the experience, knowledge and heart to take on the challenges facing us, and hope I can count on your support. Your voice is important to the success of this campaign, and there is much to do. Together, we can truly make a positive difference in our Kitsap County quality of life.
THANK YOU for your partnership and support.